Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Baskets

As a kid growing up we made and delivered May baskets to our friends and neighbors.  We girls would decorate the baskets and fill them with Caramel Popcorn.  Today I made May Baskets for the two little neighbor girls, Alice and Anna.  I admit I spent more time making the baskets than the Caramel Popcorn.  They were not too impressed with the baskets as they went right to work eating the treat.

I fill a 9 x 13 pan with popped corn with all old maids removed.  Then I make the caramel topping.

Caramel Popcorn

1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter

Cook in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until the sugar melts and the mixture turns a caramel color.  Pour over the popped corn and stir to mix.  This hardens quickly so one needs to stir right away.  This takes about 10 minutes of cooking time.  I like to stir often.


The basket would have looked better without the baggie.  This way I did not have to worry about losing any of the Caramel Popcorn and it made transportation much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment